Since the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, we have seen a sudden growth in the usage of online video conferencing software solutions. It makes sense considering schools, colleges, and even work has now gone Work from Home to some extent. In order to compete with the likes of Zoom, Microsoft is now constantly adding new features to its Teams video conferencing solution. Well, Microsoft has now added a custom background support which you can already find on some competitors.
Here’s how you can play with the custom background feature on your Microsoft Teams.
Custom backgrounds Explained!
Many video conferencing apps support custom background images, these images are like virtual surroundings that take over your real surrounding. As the name suggests, you can simply change the real background to the artificial allowing you to spice up your boring work conference meetings.
So finally Microsoft teams added themselves to the list & provided us with this most requested feature of adding custom backgrounds. There might be times when you just don’t want your client or colleague to see your house for many reasons. In such a scenario, you can make use of this custom background feature.
You can choose from a collection of backgrounds provide by Microsoft itself or add your own custom backgrounds.
How to add a custom background in Microsoft Teams? (New Update)
- Within a video call, select the More Actions button (three dots).
- Select Show Background Effects.
- Now, click on +Add New or choose from the one provided by Microsoft Teams.
- Select the image you’d like to use as a background.
- Now, tap on the Open button to set the custom background.
After this, you will see your uploaded image in the list of background settings, choose it & you are all set to look cool & professional.
If you are facing any issue you can still do it via the older method.
How to add a custom background in Microsoft Teams? (Old Method)
You can easily upload your custom images to your video calls in a few steps by placing the images in the uploads folder for Microsoft Teams.
- Open This PC. Select C: Drive.
- Now, head over to the Users folder. Select your user profile.
- Click the View tab at the top. Check the Hidden items checkbox.
- Head over to AppData>>Roaming>>Microsoft folder.
- Open the Teams folder within the Microsoft folder.
- Look for the Backgrounds folder and open it.
- Open the Uploads folder.
- Place the image you want within the uploads folder, paste your custom image here.
- Done, go in the app Within a video call, select the More actions button (three dots), Select Show background effects, Now you will see your custom image in the list of background settings, choose it and you are done!